Vixen's WASP Forum Index [ Register ]  [ Search ]  [ FAQ ]
Username:
Password:
 « Keep me logged in
[ Forgot Password ]
Vixen's WASP Forum Index To the Thieves Visiting this Forum Stealing Printer Friendly Version
metalAlex

48 Posts
Posted: May 23, 2003 10:08am    Reply with quote   View Profile of metalAlex  

You will be added to Vixen's Wall of Shame Page. Spyware can be a good thing. There are several sites and forums on the net, that still have illegal bandwidth stealing direct image links to Vixen's site, some dating back to 2001. I suggest if you do not want to be placed on the Wall of Shame forever, you cease all activities of graphic stealing or bandwidth theft. As you've seen, the image linking theft no longer works, so to prevent the "warning sign" appearing on your site or forum, you should remove all bandwidth stealing links now. Some of these images were made for this forum only, and copyright of MetalVixen' Dungeon. Those of you with "closed" forums who think we can't get in and see what youre doing, once you've stolen a graphic we can go into that forum anyway via your IP, or the graphic location so youre not hiding behind a closed forum. If you know MV, you know she's not a vengeful or selfish person. If there's something you want to borrow, just email and ask. Instead of stealing, you should just join us, participate, and add your obvious interest in Rock and Metal here.

~metal Alex~
Ed

Dungeon Warrior
772 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2003 4:26am    Reply with quote   View Profile of Ed  

Some people just aren't born with the God given common sense that the general dog is born with.

Hello my friends!
metalAlex

48 Posts
Posted: May 24, 2003 10:39am    Reply with quote   View Profile of metalAlex  

^5 Ed. Yeah and some less than snails. I wouldnt compliment these people by dog comparison.

~metal Alex~
Ed

Dungeon Warrior
772 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2003 12:28am    Reply with quote   View Profile of Ed  

True. Good point.

I know there are people who steal width for EPay, but the dude that was stolen from turned the tables on him by switching around the pictures. Hell if I wish I could do that.

Hello my friends!
metalAlex

48 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2003 9:37am    Reply with quote   View Profile of metalAlex  

Ed you would have laughed your ass off then, if you could have seen the graphics that MV's forum creator exchanged out for the ones linked. Instead of the graphic they stole/illegally linked there were BIG Yellow Signs
that said something like:

I AM A THIEF! I STEAL BANDWIDTH FROM METALGYPSY.COM

MV didn't know about it until after the forum creator did it (the genius!). Those big yellow signs were all over several forums illegally linking and ripping bandwidth. The owners had to go to every post and remove them manually. When MV told me about it she was laughing so hard she cried. Several people learned real fast not to do that anymore. One really hurt her though, she claimed to be a friend that wasn't online much anymore, and was using MV's bandwidth for almost every image on her forum. Stole lots of graphics and concepts from MV to make her own website. Pathetic when you have to steal from a friend right? Unfortunately since Vixen leaves this forum open for anyone to register, they now come in and just copy them and load them to another server to use. But she has made a Wall of Shame page for them to be publicly listed and shamed. I hope I can get it up for her soon. This web site stuff isn't easy to me.

~metal Alex~
phantombluefan

16 Posts
Posted: Jul 25, 2003 2:12am    Reply with quote   View Profile of phantombluefan  

hi can you tell me where this wall of shame page is? btw Ed I seen someone using your avatar in freakhole.com
Ed

Dungeon Warrior
772 Posts
Posted: Aug 16, 2003 4:07am    Reply with quote   View Profile of Ed  

Hey Dave,

Just out of curiousity, is it the same avatar with the same saying on it?

Hello my friends!
DREAMCASTR11

10 Posts
Posted: Sep 13, 2003 11:34pm    Reply with quote   View Profile of DREAMCASTR11  

MV, hiya!
I know i have been MIA for such a long time, and i apologize.
I found yet another WASP head, and told her about this place, as she'd never heard anything from the DFTW cd, and thought that you may have a few tunes in the jukebox she could listen to while waiting for her hometown record store to special order the disk for her.
Imagine my surprise and dissappointment to dicover that the jukebox wasn't here anymore, ;0( What happened to it, and does this have anything to do with those that chose to steal the graphics from our forum?
I really love this place, and even tho i haven't posted in ages, i still come in to listen to the jukebox while surfing. It totally sux that it's gone, ;0( Will it be coming back online anytime soon?
Well, i hope that this finds everyone well and happy. Please take care, and as always,
Blessed Be!
TamaraLynn

~And only those who stand within
Can hold the keys that let us in
But if the magic in us dies
Ooh then the souls within us cries~

~The magic of the circle lays
Somewhere between the dark and light
The magic circle never dies~
Morrigan

Dungeon Advisor
68 Posts
Posted: Dec 1, 2003 1:24pm    Reply with quote   View Profile of Morrigan  

The jukeboxes have always been here, but you can't see the link to them unless you're logged into the forum.

By the way, in case anyone is wondering, I've set up the seasonal Christmas theme as the default. (Some of the Christmas images look weird when viewed in the other themes) You will automatically go back to your chosen theme after the holidays.

Sarah asked me to set it up this way last Christmas, so in her absence, I'm doing it the same way this year.

Happy Holidays!

Morrigan

Do not go gentle into that good night, Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Go to GMB WebWorks for website design and hosting!
Old School Joe

148 Posts
Posted: Dec 9, 2003 4:11pm    Reply with quote   View Profile of Old School Joe  

Thanks Morrigan! I'm sure she's appreciate it!
Vixen's WASP Forum Index To the Thieves Visiting this Forum Stealing
  Top of Page  

Forum content Copyright © 2001-2017 MetalGypsy.com. This page was created in 0.111173 seconds (12 queries).